Medication Management in Residential Aged Care
- Antipsychotic therapy for behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia
—Aged care quality use of medicine reports
- Type 2 diabetes management in residential aged care
- Antibiotic resistance and respiratory tract infections
- Managing chronic pain in residential aged care
Drug Use Evaluation (DUE)
- Antipsychotic use for behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia
- Opioid therapy for chronic non-cancer pain
- Hypnotic medicines for the management of insomnia
- Laxative use for chronic constipation
This site provides access to resources and tools related to medication management. The site has been designed for registered nurses working in residential aged care and each resource and tool has been reviewed to assess its usefulness for this audience.
Links are provided to a wide variety of sites giving access to the most up - to - date policies and regulations, codes for guidance and guidelines. Access to current information about medicines and downloadable Consumer Medicine Information leaflets are provided from the National Prescribing Service website.
To assist you in browsing through the website we grouped all the content using functions and elements of medication management. You will see them listed on the left hand side of this page. Following these links will allow you to explore each topic in more detail.